Monday 25 February 2013

ANOMALY by Adebayo Caleb

Whither hath the sun gone?
Whither hath the moon?
Whither hath the spring rain?
Whither the stars?

Like scorching heat at winter
Like torrential rain at summer
Like snow at springtime
Like harvest with no seedtime
           
The stem now grows at the base
And the shoot as the roots
The birds now crawl, no more fly
And the snake slithers through the sky

The chicken’s abode is now on high
While the proud eagle walks the earth
The cat and mouse are friends
And the fish now lives on land

The stars now shine at early morn
And the sun in the night skies
The king is now the servant
And the servant has the throne

Oh weep I shall
For creation has lost its mind
That it breaks nature’s laws
And even haply doth so

As a drunk whose head is turned
Seeing images
Creation has drank its fill
And overturned itself

What shall I do for Mother Earth?
How shall I help this cause?
For I am but of Mother Earth
And yet I have not turned

I bow my head and pray
To whom I do not know
But what I simply say
Restore creations’ nature flow


No comments:

Post a Comment